No matter the business or industry, TESLIN® synthetic paper substrate enables an ideal durable and secure tag and label paper solution. From industrial product identification and warning labels for hazardous materials to traceability labels for food and pharmaceuticals, Teslin substrate has become one of the most widely trusted and proven synthetic papers for durable and secure product labels. Teslin synthetic paper substrate provides water- and chemical-resistance, as well as high print quality, especially for applications that require individual labels with variable information.
Teslin synthetic paper substrate delivers a variety of performance benefits for durable product label substrates, including:
- Ink- and toner-absorption that locks in information and secures it longer than other label papers
- Chemical- and water-resistance (conforms to BS 5609 Marine and Laboratory Performance of Label Base Materials for immersion in seawater)
- Resistance to the heat of digital printing, which may cause other synthetics to melt
- Fast drying of toners and inks to boost production throughput
- Strong bonding to a variety of adhesive systems, enabling customized solutions for specialized labeling needs
- Tamper-evident performance through permanent distortion if alteration is attempted
- Flexibility and conformability to accommodate expansion for container-fill applications
- Static-dissipation to reduce risk of electrostatic discharge (passes ESD S541 at 50 percent relative humidity) for anti static label applications
- Digital print-ready right out of the package, no corona treatment or coating needed
Durable and Secure Protection of Critical Information and Brand Images
Teslin synthetic paper substrate delivers essential attributes for durable product label performance. In addition to offering water-, chemical-, and tear-resistance – because inks penetrate its single-layer structure creating strong mechanical bonds – images and type printed on Teslin synthetic paper stand up to abrasion, scratches and scuffing better than on other synthetic label papers.
Teslin substrate also enhances the security of printed text through its ability to absorb and lock in inks and toners.
Combined with its foldability, pliability and cold-crack resistance, these attributes protect information and safeguard brands in even the most challenging environments.
Print Versatility — From Bar Codes to Safety Labels
Teslin synthetic paper substrate works with a variety of fixed and variable printing methods – including offset, inkjet, laser, thermal transfer, screen and micro-printing – to deliver long-lasting, high-text resolution of product information, bar codes, QR codes and other scannable data used on durable product labels.
Unlike other synthetic substrates that may melt when exposed to high temperatures, Teslin substrate withstands heat and readily accommodates laser-based print customization of single labels with variable information.
Performance Benefits for Specialty Labeling Applications
The versatility of Teslin synthetic paper substrate extends beyond durability and printability to provide other key benefits, such as:
- Compatibility with sterilization technologies such as gamma irradiation and steam purification for durable blood-bag labels and other medical labeling applications
- Low-particulate properties for durable product labels in clean-room environments
- A microporous structure that enables selective gas permeation for critical food and medical packaging applications
- The ability to be integrated with customizable security features provides intelligent functionality to label stock. Through the use of embedded security features in the material, supply-chain security labels produced with Teslin substrate can be linked to specific production runs, lot numbers or individual project requirements.
Contact us to request samples and learn more about the high-performance benefits of Teslin substrate synthetic paper for durable and secure product labels.
Recommended Product Grades
- Pressure-sensitive/self-adhesive labels
- In-mold labels
- Tamper-evident labels
- Supply chain security labels and packaging
- Drum, pallet and shipping labels
- Identification, safety and warning labels
- Food and beverage packaging labels
- Blood bag labels
- Medical and pharmaceutical labels
- Cleanroom labels
- Nursery and horticulture tags
- Anti static labels
- GHS-Compliant labels
- Ink Jet
- 7 mil/178 micron
- 10 mil/254 micron